Audio Video Technician
Date: December 13, 2019
Job Title: Audio Video Technician
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16-$28 / hour based on the installer's experience in the industry
Soundscapes is seeking an AV Technician in Nashville, TN. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with AV systems and be able to effectively communicate technical concepts. The candidate who is working in high-end residential and corporate sites, installing the finest quality audio, video, network wiring and components are also encouraged to apply for this job.
An AV Technician is responsible for planning, rack dressing, wiring, connecting, installation, commissioning and servicing a wide variety of audio-visual systems and equipment. An AV Technician must excel in customer service skills and be capable of effective communication with clients, management and fellow employees.
Requirements include above average proficiency in all responsibilities associated with the position and the capability to effectively work independently. An AV Technician will be required to interface with the Project Managers as needed and deliver consistent, accurate and timely results. It is expected that an AV Technician will provide direction and technical expertise to other team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, assemble, install and terminate AV equipment racks and head-ends with an emphasis on dressing the rack cleanly and professionally. Must be detail oriented.
- Install, terminate, test and label a variety of low voltage and AV-specific cable types: CAT5/6, coax cable, speaker wire, line-level audio, etc.
- Install and properly support a variety of AV components including but not limited to video displays, projectors, projection screens and speakers
- Read and understand blueprints and AV system schematic diagrams
- Identify cable paths and relay site survey information to project managers
- Perform start-up and debugging of AV systems. (Experience with Elan and Control 4 Systems is preferred)
- Effectively troubleshoot, diagnose and repair any system or component level equipment failures with ability to use and understand various test equipment including a digital multi-meter
- Effectively perform “configuration level” programming of various systems
- Maintain records by documenting installation, time and material
- Complete all assigned tasks within the specified cost budget and schedule
- Stay current with all mandatory safety requirements and follow established safety practices
- Willingly share knowledge and best trade practices with fellow employees
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- 3+ years’ experience as an Audio Video Installer or Low Voltage Installer working on residential and/or commercial projects.
- Proper use of hand/power tools, ladders, and other site safety equipment.
- Ability to lift/maneuver up to 70lbs and physical ability to frequently: bend, kneel, stand, and walk for extended periods of time and be comfortable working at heights of 3-25 ft
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills. Self-motivated.
- Strong understanding of audio video systems and practical field experience
- Strong understanding of low voltage systems and practical field experience
- Familiar with all NFPA, NEC and OSHA codes and standards
- Clean cut appearance
- Experience with control systems preferred
- High school graduate (minimum) plus substantial related experience
- Must be able to pass criminal background check, have a valid license, clean driving record, and pass drug screening.
- Control Systems Programming in URC, Crestron, Control 4, Lutron, RTI, and/or Elan
- Understanding of data networks
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holiday
- Health Insurance / Reimbursement
- Matching Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
Soundscapes is a local provider of AV and IT technology services, with over 18 years of bringing the best audio/video entertainment system and finest control solutions to Nashville, TN, homes and businesses. Our mission is to provide extraordinary and lasting experiences through exceptional service and professionalism for our clients while creating a culture where teamwork is valued above all else.
If you are interested, please fill out an application using the link below...